Call for a Consultation 888.887.7454

The New "Elderly" Care

Rose tells Senior Care Nursing Home that her "Aunt" Sally is a patient at their facility, she is Sally's closest living relative, and she would like to relocate Sally to Texas to live with her. Sally suffers from Alzheimer, she has been a resident at the nursing home for over a month, and she owns a co-op in lower Manhattan. Lucy, Sally's sister visits Sally at the nursing home and the staff tells her that Rose just left. Lucy does not know of any relative by the name of Rose. Lucy checks Sally's room and finds that Sally's purse is missing. Sally does not have a power of attorney, health care proxy or living will. What should Lucy do? Lucy needs to all necessary parties, including hospital staff and Sally's management company regarding Rose's unauthorized access to Sally's room. In the interim, Lucy can also seek to be appointed as temporary guardian to protect Sally's assets and consider filing for permanent guardianship. To learn more about your legal options, you should contact the Law Office of Tamara I. Jordan P.L.L.C. today.