Knowledgeable New York Guardianship and Conservatorship Attorney Helps Protect Families
Dedicated lawyer facilitates care for dependent loved ones in the New York City area
At The Law Office of Tamara I. Jordan, PLLC, I provide legal support for capable and caring adults in the New York City area and throughout New York who want to gain the legal right to make decisions for loved ones in need of their assistance. As an informed attorney, I can help you petition to be appointed as a guardian to gain decision-making authority over the health, finances and welfare of your elderly parent or another disabled adult. While some people may be entirely incapable of managing their personal affairs, others may only need limited assistance with their personal care or financial management. The decision to assume the role of a legal guardian is a major step in your life, one that will have far reaching consequences for you and your loved ones. You deserve to have experienced legal counsel to guide you through the process.I provide sound advice and professional assistance with crucial decisions no matter what challenges you face.
Attentive New York attorney helps responsible adults become guardians for minors
I advocate for the best interests of children, helping to establish guardianships in which they can receive reliable and compassionate care. Clients come to The Law Office of Tamara I. Jordan, PLLC for help with:
- Appointing a guardian — It is important to name a trusted person to take over guardianship duties for your children in case the need ever arises. When a guardian is not named in advance of a parent’s death or incapacitation, the court may appoint someone the parent might not have chosen. You want to select a guardian who is willing and able to offer care and will raise your children according to your parental philosophies.
- Becoming a guardian — When a child you love is in need of a guardian they can rely on, I can help you seek the legal right to take over these responsibilities. I can present your case in any necessary court hearings, working to demonstrate that you are suited to become a minor’s caretaker.
I will address your guardianship concerns and answer any questions you may have. Protecting the well-being of children is always a top priority.
Respected law firm establishes guardianship for incapacitated adults
If you are responsible for an incapacitated adult or you have a child who will never be able to live independently, it is important to make legal arrangements for current and future care. At The Law Office of Tamara I. Jordan, PLLC, I provide assistance for clients who wish to:
- Become a guardian — I can guide you in the process of having yourself or another qualified loved one appointed as guardian for an elderly parent or disabled adult. A conservator is responsible for managing the financial needs of the person they care for and making decisions in their best interests.
- Handle conservatorship conflicts — Adults who have lived independently may be resistant to having another person care for them. If you see an urgent need to assume authority over an aging parent or other relative for their own good, you may have to petition the court to be appointed as a conservator. Your loved one is entitled to opposing counsel. If difficult circumstances arise, you can trust in my professionalism and sensitivity during the legal process.
- Execute a trust to benefit a special needs adult — If you are responsible for a disabled adult, your estate plan should include a special needs trust to provide financial assistance after your passing. Leaving money directly to a person who receives Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income benefits could make them ineligible for assistance. By creating a trust, you prepare a consistent income stream that eases their financial burdens without jeopardizing eligibility. Your estate plan can also include provisions for requesting that the court appoint a guardian for your loved one.
I am compassionate and caring in my approach to your conservatorship needs.
Contact a thorough New York estate planning lawyer for advice on guardianships or conservatorships
The Law Office of Tamara I. Jordan, PLLC helps New York clients make arrangements so that their loved ones have reliable guardians and conservators. Call me at 888-202-7022 or contact me online to schedule a consultation.